Troubleshooting the Citrix XTE Service and Errors: There is no route to the spec
Citrix states in their article: CTX106531
Products: Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 for Microsoft Windows 2000, Citrix MetaFrame Presentation Server 3.0 for Microsoft Windows 2003, Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 for Microsoft Windows 2000, Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 for Microsoft Windows 2003
When attempting to log on, the following error message is received:
“Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame Server. There is no route to the specified subnet address.”
Protocol Driver Error
The port used by Session Reliability (default port 2598) is not responding.
CTX104147 – ICA Session Reliability establishes a connection to TCP port 2598 .
1. Verify that the Session Reliability port is reachable. This port is set in the Management Console by default as port 2598 and is configurable. Use the command line utility, Telnet /?.
2. Ensure that the port used by Session Reliability is not being shared by any other service, such as ICA, XML, IIS, or SQL. Use the command line utility, Netstat /?.
3. Ensure there are no Citrix Licensing issues or Product Code mismatches.
4. Ensure the configuration file, httpd.conf, exists under the Citrix\XTE\conf folder
5. Copy C:\Program Files\Citrix\XTE\logs\xte.pid from a good server
6. Ensure the Citrix XTE service is started.
7. If the Citrix XTE service is started, Citrix may advise that the ICA listener be deleted, the system rebooted, and the listener recreated.
8. As a test, add the account for the XTE service from Network Service to Local System OR change the account for the service to Local System. Check permissions on the C:\Program Files\Citrix\XTE directory make sure that the Network service account has full rights
9. Users were unable to launch published applications if the Session Reliability feature was enabled and an option other than All network adapters with this protocol was configured for the ICA protocol in the Citrix Connection Configuration utility.
This fix introduces support for session reliability even if you limit a protocol to a particular network adapter.
To enable this functionality:
0. Open the file httpd.conf, located in the Program Files\Citrix\Xte\conf folder, in a text editor.
0. Below the line #Citrix_End, add the following line:
0. Save your changes.
0. Reboot the server.
If you have this functionality enabled, assign a static IP to the server or, if you are using DHCP, create a script to automatically update the IP address of CgpSpecifiedIcaLocalAddress in the httpd.conf file. If the IP address of CgpSpecifiedIcaLocalAddress does not match the actual IP address of the server, you receive an error stating that there is no route to the specified subnet address.
[From Hotfix MPSE300W2KR02][#99885]
10. CTX105568 – The Citrix XTE Service Fails to Start When Configuring SSL Relay.
11. Server may have some other service listening on port 443; XTE will check 443 on startup and if this port is in use it will not start. (regardless if SSL relay is configured or not).
12. CTX107902 – Session Reliability and Maximum Number of Connections.
13. CTX107659 – Session Reliability Overrides ICA KeepAlive Feature.
14. CTX108439 - How to Disable Session Reliability through Web Interface 3.x and 4.x.
1. Verified that internal access with Session reliability was possible.
2. Verified that ICA traffic worked externally. Telnet to the server on port 1494.
3. Verified it was possible to enumerate an application set when accessing the Farm from outside the firewall. The XML port, in this case, 81 had to be opened on the firewall.
4. When trying to connect an error occurred “Cannot connect to the Citrix Metaframe Server: The Citrix Metaframe Server you have selected is not accepting connections”
5. After disabling session reliability a connecting was successful.
6. Examining network traces showed client queries were made on port 2598. 2598 is the default port used by session reliability.
7. No responses were received by the client from the server. The firewall was blocking port 2598.